Saturday, November 8, 2008

...and I can't stop thinking about it, I'm thinking about it....

So I finally was able to take my laptop to the shop to figure out what was wrong with it. I knew it was the battery that they had sold me, but they had to confirm for themselves. But having my computer gone for a week left me feeling rather unsettled. Generally all my work is done on my computer. And with my acquired workaholic nature I was a little disquieted not having work to do. Perhaps this is something that I should change, my attachment to my computer as well as my workaholism (which really sounds like working while under the influence).

But oh the joys that Value Village brought to me this week. I present to you the Polaroid Automatic 103 Land Camera.


The first instant photo camera released to the consumer market. I picked it up for the amazing cost of $9.99. It also came with 5 boxes of film which moved it from conversation-piece to toy-camera. Of course it has yet to be fully tested since I need to find a new battery.

I as well bought for the same reasonable price a Jelco Zoom 8 SE.

This fine piece of camera history came with 3 rolls of film. Also, not tested, but worth the risk for the price.

2 comments:

mike sev said...

have you tried it out yet?!

ive been dying to try shooting some 8mm and have had my eye on a sweet projector for the day that i ever shoot some.

let me know if you havent and let's!

joel said...

I haven't given it a proper test, just some fooling around. Yes, we should get together and see what this little guy is capable of.