Friday, November 14, 2008

I still have a song to sing

Last night I was able to go see my brothers band, Blue Sky Addicts, open for Bend Sinister. I'm really proud of my friends in BSA as they've honed and shaped their music into some really catchy and enjoyable songs. I really enjoy though how BSA shows always turn into reunions with friends you haven't seen forever. Some because they've been across the ocean and you didn't know where back in the country. The night however was topped off with a stellar performance by Bend Sinister. Turns out that they have a new album. They played most of it making me wish that I had the spare cash to spend on the CD. The 1960s stock footage they had playing the entire show was entertaining, but it felt unnecessary. They already have great stage presence, and there seemed to be no correlation between the music making it more of a distraction.

Tonight I went to see my friend Matt Epp play which was a very unique experience. It was a small house show as part of the Home Routes tour. Some good wine, good music, and good conversations made for another stellar evening. I only regret that I forgot to bring a camera. Trust me, it was wonderful, especially Matt's Bowler.

No comments: