Friday, November 21, 2008

I Never Wanted You

It seems overstated, but emotions and attractions can be fickle and misleading. We are so fooled by the fairytales that promise you, as the protagonist in your story, your prince/princess simply because you like them. The plot follows the predetermined path leading to happily ever after because it is our right and the natural order of things. Your desire for someone doesn't stipulate that they will like you back. Heartache is inevitable. It's just the situation of unrequited love (and I use that term loosely) that I have seen occurring so much around me over the past year. I realise that this sounds so meloncholy and trite for blog content, it is just that a recent conversation on the topic seemed to strike me with some sort of clarity.

To accompany such a sullen topic I found this photo in my internet stumblings.


A Man of Constant Sorrow The Boat Lullabies

No comments: