Tuesday, November 25, 2008

She's Dead and Lovely Now

You're The Danger by Jared Nickerson

A week ago I dropped my iPod. I was stepping out of the van after a road trip and I forgot that my iPod was only attached to the headphones around my neck. It swung, detached from the cord and rocketed towards the ground. It landed on it's head breaking the hold button. My iPod still worked, but it's music playing potential was held captive by one small switch. After attempting some percussion maintenance which proved fruitless I turned to the internet. How did people fix things before the internet. After perusing a tutorial, The Siren Thelxiepeia went under the knife. Well, not so much a knife as a sharp putty knife, screwdriver and soldering gun. The Hold-buttonectomy went smashingly, replacing the switch with a blob of solder. It has no hold button now, but it's back from the dead. As such, I am renaming my iPod to either Lazurus, iZombie, or the best suggestion.

No comments: