Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Meta

I decided that I wouldn't give the meaning of Akunon until someone asked. Yesterday someone did.

When I was starting this blog I knew that getting the right name would be important. It is the frame to everything you present within, it affects how you read the contents. It sets the boundaries. Originally I wanted to call it "Manalive" after the Chesterton book of the same name that affected me so much. It was however taken, not only on blogspot but every blog provider I checked. The name Akunon just popped into my head (well ok, there were a few variations thought out). Its a completely euphonic word with absolutely no meaning. I realized it was perfect. Having no meaning it could in fact mean anything and nothing at all in the same moment. Exactly how I saw my blog.


Saw this on FFFFOUND! Love it.

1 comment:

Lillian said...

yeah yeah yeah... i so asked! and i didn't even know you were holding out on the meaning.