Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.
- Ghandi

I would never consider myself an ambitious person. It bothers me sometimes. Not to say that I don't have aspirations, I've always just been more of a relaxed, accepting of my situation kind of person. Ambition is supposedly the quality of all great men, so if I lack it what does that make me? If I was more ambitious, would things be different for me? Perhaps I've read too much Ecclesiastes, or I'm too accepting of my lack of ambition to strive to be ambitious. To be ambitious about being ambitious if you will. I have no concrete conclusions to this rumination except for some vague verdict that at least a little more ambition couldn't hurt.

It feels like fall is coming on rather early. I'm not sure that I have a problem with that.

No comments: