Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The thin lead line

I started sketching again as of two or three month ago. I think its stuck this time. There is a discipline to actually getting myself to draw with so many other distractions in life looking to take my hours. Over the past seven years I start sketching for a week or two and then end up forgetting to for large stretches of time. I love the time spent putting pencil to paper, so it's so strange that it takes conscious dedication to do it. If I was to be self analyzing about it (and I guess this is) I think it's that I'm not happy with my ability as it is. Then the discouragement from within defeats the motivation from the knowledge that drawing more is what will make me better. So right now my little moleskin is the focus of equal parts pride of accomplishment and frustration at standards unmet. Here's to shaping this frustration into the fuel of the machine of motivation.

No comments: